Join your hospitality industry colleagues for HUG Chicago 2012 on Thursday, April 26
HUG Chicago is a volunteer program created by Hospitality Cares Chicago (HCC), a not-for-profit partnership between the Chicago Convention & Tourism Bureau and Chicago’s hospitality and civic organizations. HCC and its partner organizations are dedicated to the beautification and protection of Chicago’s structural assets visible to and accessed by visitors to Chicago.
The HCC Steering Committee has identified a variety of high-traffic areas throughout the city that are accessed by visitors and need a “hug” from our volunteers. HUG Chicago 2012 is proudly sponsored by the Chicago Cubs and is the city’s official kick-off to National Tourism Week.
10am: Registration & Kick-Off at Wrigley Field (rain or shine)
11am: Transportation to projects
11:15am-5pm: Project work
5pm: Transportation from projects to Wrigley Field
8pm-10:30pm: Thank you concert with Umphrey’s McGee at Park West
Project assignments include mulching, painting, power washing and planting and will be shared upon check-in/registration at Wrigley Field.
Click the link below to register. Registrations are limited and will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis: http://hugchicago2012.eventbrite.com/?access=CHAMBER
Also, be sure to LIKE us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HugChicago2012
– All participants MUST be 21 years of age or older
– Complimentary parking will be provided during the day in the Cubs Green Lot located on Grace Street at Clifton just east of Clark
– T-shirts, hats and lanyards will be provided at check-in
– Lunch and beverages will be provided
– Your lanyard will be your access badge to the concert that evening – a private event for those who volunteer
– Beverages and snacks will be provided at the concert
– Parking for the concert is at the volunteer’s expense
– Concert attendees are encouraged to bring canned goods to the concert or the kick-off at Wrigley Field. All items will be donated to the Greater Chicago Food Depository
Last Updated on 2012-04-04 16:30:45.556