Executive Vice President, Operations, ComEd
Executive Vice President – Operations
As Executive Vice President, Operations, Donnelly is responsible for the day-to-day operations of ComEd. He oversees approximately 4,000 ComEd and contractor personnel.
ComEd is a unit of Chicago-based Exelon Corporation. ComEd delivers electricity to approximately 3.8 million residential and business customers in Northern Illinois and the City of Chicago, or 70 percent of the state’s population.
Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC) is one of the nation’s largest electric utilities with approximately $19 billion in annual revenues. The company has one of the industry’s largest portfolios of electricity generation capacity, with a nationwide reach and strong positions in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic. Exelon distributes electricity to approximately 5.4 million customers in northern Illinois and southeastern Pennsylvania and natural gas to approximately 485,000 customers in the Philadelphia area. Exelon is headquartered in Chicago.
As the Executive Vice President, Operations, Donnelly leads all of the energy delivery operations, including Distribution System Operations, Construction & Maintenance, Work Management & New Business, Transmission & Substation, Engineering & Project Management, and Strategic & Support Services. He also oversees transmission system operations.
In his previous role, Donnelly served as Senior Vice President of Transmission & Distribution at ComEd and oversaw Transmission & Substations, Engineering & Project Management, and Strategic & Support Services. Prior to this, he held the position of Senior Vice President of Technical Services for Exelon Energy Delivery (EED), which comprised both ComEd and the Philadelphia-based utility PECO. In this role, he oversaw Asset Investment Strategy & Development, Engineering & System Performance, Transmission & Substations, and a variety of EED support functions.
Donnelly began his professional career at PECO in 1983 and has more than 25 years of wide-ranging engineering and leadership experience in the utility industry.
- Board of Directors at Association of Edison Illuminating Companies in Birmingham, Alabama
- Board of Directors of the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors of the Joffrey Ballet in Chicago
- Board of Trustees and Quality Committee at La Rabida Children’s Hospital in Chicago.
- Advisory Board for the Center for the Study of Ethics in the Professions at the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) in Chicago.
- Chair of ComEd United Way Campaign
- Executive sponsor for Exelon's military veteran employee network group
- Advisory Board for the Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education in Philadelphia
Donnelly earned his bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the University of Pennsylvania and received an MBA in Finance and Human Resources from Temple University in Philadelphia.
Donnelly and his wife, Joan, along with their four children reside in the Chicago area.
Last Updated on 2011-01-24 10:53:33.656